Friday, February 21, 2014

Data Collection...

When I started my masters, the idea of data collection made me cringe.  I think the main reason I did not like the idea of data collection is how much DATA the state and federal government expect from us and how skewed it can be.  I felt that data is a great way to show growth, but it doesn't show an outsider the students has a whole person.

Then I started my masters.  Although the state and federal government, only really look at data from test scores, I have now realized you can collect data in so many different forms.  It is your job as the teacher to take the data and make the necessary changes in your classroom.  Before, I was thinking the data was just for those 'outsiders'.  HOW NAIVE.  The data is for me.  The data is the assessments.  The data is the students' voices.  How eye opening that was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment